March 25, 2010

Lacy Days

Here's my DEEsign for another fun challenge - Lacy Days at Caardvarks:


DEEtails:

1. Lace usually makes me think Victorian, but I wanted to make a card for this challenge that was fun and springy. So, I started off with ribbons from my stash- a cute lacy one paired with a fun color.

2. I took a piece of Naturals White card stock and added some Sticky Strip about and inch from the bottom. I took my fun grosgrain ribbon and ruffled it along the strip.

3. Then I took another piece of sticky strip, and cut it down the center. I laid this piece on top of my purple ribbon, pressing down on my ruffles. I added my lacy ribbon on top of the thin Sticky Strip. I loved the look!

4. I stamped the thank you image from my Say It With Scallops set. The I used my Scallop Square punch. I stamped the same image onto Lavender Lace card stock and cut out the center part. I layered it on top using dimensionals. I honestly wasn't thinking about how it looked lacy until after I punched it out and layered it! And I didn't even realize how the color name fit the challenge until just now! :)

5. I layered my Naturals White card stock onto a Lavender Lace mat, which I adhered onto a Lavender Lace card.

Hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. This would make a beautiful wedding shower invite, with the ribbon acting as the garter. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribbon looks amazing. I'm a softie for a clean and classy card! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I love the way you used the lace along the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

    ReplyDelete