August 31, 2010

In the Forest


I love the theme for this week's wee Memories challenge: In the Forest. When I first thought about what I wanted to make, I had these great ideas using all my cute owl and squirrel and deer stamps. But I made this card instead. No cute little forest animals... But I absolutely love it! I'm sure they have hot pink butterflies in a forest somewhere...!


Here are the DEEtails:

Melon Mambo all the way for this card! I stamped the bottom half with my Woodgrain stamp (which I LOVE!), then added a strip of Chocolate Chip card stock, a scalloped piece of Crumb Cake, and some Chocolate Brown taffeta ribbon. Then I added a square of Chocolate Chip card stock, embossed with my Swiss dots embossing plate and trimmed on the corners. I layered on a piece of Crumb Cake that I ran through my Cricut with the Songbird cartridge, and added a beautiful Melon Mambo butterfly, stamped and embossed with my Great Friend set. A chocolate Chip button from the Button Latte set, threaded with a sliver of Melon Mambo adds that extra touch.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Simple, classic, and great! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories! I love your blog background! My favorite color is olive green so this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty . . . love the wood grain! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple but so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the woodgrain! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete