January 8, 2011

Winter White (And A Bit About Me!)

Hope you've had a great first week of the year! :) Mine has been busy and I've been trying to get over a cold, but I've been trying to make time to create.

Today I'm here to share a few of my blog and crafting goals for the year. Here goes:

1. Blog More. Last year, I averaged about 16 posts a month, but there were some weeks that I went missing completely. This year, I'm hoping to blog more consistently (maybe even daily...?) So far, so good! This will mean a lot more planning and posting ahead, especially when I'm busy, but forcing myself to sit down and craft is always a great way to relieve some stress (and put a smile on someone's face!)

2. Get Personal. I know in the past I've been a little shy about my personal life, but this year, one of my goals is to let you all get to know me a little better. The truth is, I've always been a little afraid of putting myself out there on the internet. In fact, starting this blog last year was a huge jump for me. I'm so happy that I did because the experience has been phenomenal and I've only encountered nice, sweet, friendly people (not the internet monsters that I feared). :) I have enjoyed getting to know some of you a bit and because of you, I will be starting to share more about myself and allowing you to get to know me better. But don't worry if you don't care to learn too much about me, because I'll only be posting this type of chatter once a week. I won't be blabbing about myself to you the rest of the week. Well at least not too much.

3. Challenge Myself. If you're a regular reader, you know that my comfort zone is inspiration challenges. Honestly, I love not having to think too much and just copying from an inspiration photo. I've been trying to push myself to do more sketch and color challenges, but this year I'm really going to focus on this area of... would you call it a weakness? And I've already done one of each this past week, so I must be on the right track. Woohoo!

4. Inspire Myself. I also want to stop limiting myself to doing only challenges and sort of be inspired on my own. I don't know if you've noticed, but I rarely just make a card on my own. I almost always have to be challenged. I'm taking baby steps here and plan to work my way through the PaperCrafts Go To Sketches and Color Inspiration magazines. Although, it's kind of still a challenge because I'm challenging myself, so I hope it still counts.

5. Find A Home. For my cards, that is. I'll be trying to sell many of my cards on Etsy. And each week, when I update my Etsy store, I'll also update that week's previous posts with a little "Special DEElivery" section to tell you where my cards have headed. I'd love to send more of my cards in the mail to people - not sure if you knew, but I don't even send half of my cards to anyone. Most of them just sit in a box. Sad, I know... That's why I'm trying to fix that!

What about you? What are your crafty resolutions for the year?

On to today's card...


Today's card is for the Moxie Fab Winter White Tuesday Trigger Challenge. Isn't the Tuesday Trigger Inspiration beautiful?


Here are the DEEtails:

I started off with some Whisper White card stock, and embossed a piece of it with PTI's Woodgrain embossing plate. I stamped another piece with a sentiment from SU!'s Heard from the Heart stamp set. Then I added some Whisper White Grosgrain ribbon and a bow. Then I stamped the daisy from SU!'s Fifth Avenue Floral set on Vellum with Whisper White ink and cut them out. I added a bottom layer of Sahara Sand daisies and adhered them to my card. Some tiny Pearl Jewels in the flower centers add that extra touch.

Special DEElivery:

Aunt Susan purchased this card from my Etsy Shop!

Thanks for peeking in today (and putting up with my rambling)!

6 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning and I enjoyed reading your post! Looking forward to seeing what you create without a challenge. I completely understand where you are coming from ... inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!

    I really enjoyed reading your post and so look forward to learning more about you and seeing lots more crafty goodness :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, creating from an inspiration photo is an art in itself . . . you translate an entirely different medium into another. No need for apologies. You do an amazing job and I'm excited you are going to try more sketches and color . . . AND we all need more crafting "therapy!" Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the dry embossed background, and those flowers are a perfect touch!! Great job with the Winter White Tuesday Trigger! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the deesign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nina! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    Love your blog goals for 2011! I hope they come to fruition! :)

    ReplyDelete