April 21, 2011

Cheery Cherry Blossoms


I was finally able to feel well enough to create something, so today I'm posting a belated Cupcake Inspirations Challenge card.


The inspiration above is fabulous, but I was even more inspired when I looked outside in my mom's back yard. She has two variations of cherry trees in her yard, which I quickly ran out in the cold, wet, and wind to take photos of.


Gorgeous, right? Okay, so here are the DEEtails for my card:

I printed out the Cherry Blossom image from this week's sponsor, Prairie Fairy, in Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, and Pear Pizzazz card stock, I cut out the branches, leaves, and blossoms and adhered them all to some Bashful Blue card stock. I bent the petals on my flowers a bit so that they would pop up from the page. Then I added a Pear Pizzazz mat to my Bashful Blue and adhered it to a Pink Pirouette card. I stamped the sentiment from SU!'s Because I Care set on some Pear Pizzazz card stock, then wrapped some linen thread around one end before adhering it to my card. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, your flowers look so real!! Something about the pink against the blue background, just makes them pop.

    Such a pretty card.

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete