April 10, 2011

Stampin' Pretty Sunday Spotlight

There are two posts today, so be sure to scroll down to see this week's Cupcake Inspirations creation!


Today is my lucky day! I'm being featured on Mary Fish's fabulous Stampin' Pretty blog. Mary is my upline and a fabulous source of inspiration. She is my cheerleader and is always encouraging me to push myself in the stamping and blogging world. Today I've created a card of Thanks to be showcased on her blog. I love how this card turned out.

Here are the DEEtails:

I stared off with a piece of Soft Suede card stock, stamped with SU!'s Woodgrain background stamp in VersaMark and heat embossed. I matted it with some Early Espresso then layered on lots of ribbon - first some Early Espresso Striped Grosgrain ribbon, then some Victoria Crochet Lace, and finally some pleated Old Olive Satin Ribbon. Then I tucked in a piece of Crumb Carke card stock stamped with SU!'s Thank You Kindly and punched with the decorative label punch. Finally, I added some sweet blossoms - the large flower is the smallest die cut from the Floral Fusion die and the small blooms are punched from the Itty Bitty Bits set. I added some Pearl Jewels in the centers for that special touch.

Here's a closer look:


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll bring out your striped ribbon and join me in the current I {Heart} Ribbon Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the look. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dee, This is so gorgeous. Love it. It reminds me of your blog layout. I love your style of making cards. So elegant and detailed.

    Have a beautiful Sunday.
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the ruffled ribbon and wood grain.

    ~Cheryl~


    **Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. Absolutely love the way you have placed your ribbons, especially the Old Olive satin.

    ReplyDelete