May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! (And A Bit Of An Update)

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you are all getting a chance to spend some time with your moms, aunts, grandmas, and other important ladies in your lives! :)



I'm here today with a card for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Exciting things are happening over there as Lisa takes on the reigns as the Sweetest Sweetie. :) Here's today's inspiration photo:



And here are the DEEtails:

I wanted a card that showcased the dahlia from this week's sponsor, Glitterbabe, so I created a fairly simple card. I love a Kiwi Kiss card, so that's what I have here today, embellished with a little bit of ribbon from my stash, a Martha Stewart doily and some stickers from my stash. The little teal branch is flocked, so it adds a bit of interest on the card. Then I printed my dahlia image and cut each layer out. I layered them on with Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered it to the card. Love the way it stands out!

In other news... I want to apologize for my disappearance over the last couple of weeks. Things have been busy here. Hubby and I went home for Spring Break, where I got sick. Then returned back to work, still not feeling 100%. As the end of the school year is nearing, things have become even busier than usual! I also haven't been feeling very inspired lately, so I've often come to my desk to craft and found myself just sitting and staring at my supplies. :( I'm hoping to get back in the groove soon! If all goes well, I'll have some fun things in store for you during the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Sorry you aren't feeling well.

    I wonder if our Mojos ran off together? I can't find mine Anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is absolutely stunning! i love what you did with the flower. thank you so much!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete