August 24, 2011

Hello Friend!


I hate that I missed the deadline for the Play Date Cafe challenge! I found some time over the weekend to make this card, but didn't have a chance to post it until now. Bummer! Hope you like it anyway!


DEEtails:

I was really drawn to the bold flowers and the fun the umbrellas from the inspiration, so I wanted to incorporate stripes, polka dots and a big blossom on this card. I started with some Night of Navy card stock and layered a piece of Designer Series Paper Patterns in Lucky Limeade. I wrapped around some Night of Navy Striped Taffeta Ribbon. I stamped the rose from SU!'s Fifth Avenue Floral and adhered it with some glue dots, tucking a Sweet Pea Stitched Felt leaf underneath. Then I stamped a portion of the sentiment from PTI's Think Big Favorites on a Regal Rose tag and tucked it under my striped ribbon. I stamped the other half of the sentiment on some more Regal Rose and cut it out to adhere on top of my rose. I'm loving this bold color combination and hope you like it too!

1 comment:

  1. You are so good with inspiration photos.

    Great card!

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete