August 13, 2011

Just for Fun

Hope you're starting your weekend off well. This evening my band has one of our first concerts in a while (we took a break during the month of July) at the National Harbor - my favorite outdoor concert venue. Hubby and I plan to go and hang out there for a bit - there's lots of fun shopping and good eats! I'm excited to have a bit of a fun day after such a long and busy week.

I'm sharing a card today that I made earlier this week. I had hoped to get some more pink in there, but coudn't quite find the right thing to add. It's hard for me to get inspired on my own, but somehow this card pieced together quite easily. I just pulled out some supplies that I had been wanting to use and it all sort of fell into place. I love when that happens, don't you? :)


I know you want the DEEtails:

I used some Designer Series Paper Patterns in Soft Suede followed by a strip of border from my stash (it's hard to see, and I'm a little bummed about that, but it's kind of this ragged edge in a kraft color). Then I added some Crumb Cake card stock die cut with the PTI Half and Half die. I stamped half the sentiment from PTI's Think Big series stamps and added a Melon Mambo you, die cut from the PTI's Wonderful Words. Then I added some Maya Road kraft doilies. Hope you like it!

Just a few more days for the I {Heart} Ribbon Taffeta challenge so be sure to play along!

1 comment:

  1. Fun cards Nina. Could you use a pink brad in the middle of the medallions or color a pearl pink? I use markers a lot instead of ink pads too. I am more conservative with my money I say! You are so right about that pop of color on the second card! Have a great time at your concert.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete