August 8, 2011

New Uses

Hello friends! I've been excited to show off this card that I made last night, but I haven't had a chance to sit down at my computer until now... It's been another busy day!


Just last week, as I was cleaning out my crafty space, I came across my crimper, which I debated on putting in my destash pile (many of these things are now at my Etsy shop!). After debating a bit, I decided to keep it because I told myself that I would come up with a great use for it in a few weeks - possibly using kraft card stock. And then, Dawn McVey showed off an awesome technique for making faux corrugated cardboard embellishments a few days later. So here I am today, with my fun embellishment, made with my crimper and some Crumb Cake (AKA kraft) card stock, just like I had envisioned! :)

DEEtails:

I love the layers on this card that kind of mix this look of old and new. I started with some Designer Series Paper Patterns in Pool Party, which I layered with some Crepe Paper die cut with the Tasteful Trim die, and some more DSP, punched with the Scallop Edge Punch. I added a doily and layered my faux cardboard, tied up with some fun aqua Baker's Twine. I had some adhesive chipboard letters, which have this neat texture to it in a pale aqua color and spelled out "Hi." Then I topped it all off with a Ruffle Flower, embellished with a button from my stash.

Be sure to pop by tomorrow - it's blog hop day! :) And of course, don't forget to play along in the Taffeta Ribbon Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment