August 19, 2011

Tree of Thanks

Sorry for my disappearing act this week! I'm sure you can understand how busy the last few weeks of summer can be! My craft area has been quite lonely for the past few days, but I was finally able to put together this card this afternoon.


I decided to try the sketch challenge over at the Ribbon Carousel, which I flipped sideways.


Here are the DEEtails:

I stamped my image from SU!'s Season of Friendship on some white card stock and added some Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain and some Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain (flipped upside down) to peek out from underneath. I adhered it to my Lucky Limeade card and added a strip of Lovely Flowers DSP to tie the colors together. Then I embellished my tree with some leaves, punched with the Bird Punch, some Itty Bitty Punches flowers in Melon Mambo, and some Rhinestone Jewels, colored with a yellow permanent marker. At the bottom, I added my sentiment from SU!'s Thank You Kindly in white embossing powder on Crushed Curry card stock, with a bit of Melon Mambo Dotted Ruffle Ribbon punched along the bottom.

Thanks for peeking in today!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the ribbon flags and your choice of colors.

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! What a gorgeous card--love that tree image with the flowers and leaves! What a great combo--love your ribbon colors too! Beautiful all around:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!

    ReplyDelete