November 24, 2011

Pals Paper Arts Pearls



Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you're ready for a feast! :) Every year on Thanksgiving, my brothers and I put up our Christmas tree, so I thought it fitting to share an ornament card with you! Today's challenge over at the Pals Paper Arts is all about Pearls! They are a perfect way to add a little sophistication to any card.



Here are the DEEtails:

I created my pearly ornament by punching out a circle on a scrap piece of card stock. I used some removeable adhesive to attach it to my card as a guide for my pearl placement. Then I pulled out my Pearl Jewels. I used several partial sets, so I can't give you a real estimate of how many pearls I used, but it was quite a bit! I started with the outline, then filled it in. Once my ornament was done, I added some Whisper White Taffeta ribbon.

I'm always trying to find creative uses for pearls, so I can't wait to see what you do! And don't forget that you can play with any of your favorite crafting materials over at Pals Paper Arts. What are you waiting for? Go make something crafty while the turkey is in the oven... Hurry and link up! :)

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the simplicity and colors work really well together. Would just like to have a closer look of those pearls ^^
    Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. So simple, yet so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUV your card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the way you used the pearls,
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely---a special card for a special someone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I ALMOST did the same technique, but with a tree. LOL! Yea for pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card! It's so striking and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Nina! Love the pearls against the red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant! I will definitely do this as a special card for someone very special! Thanks for the inspiration, Nina. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an elegant card, Nina! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. So simple but very elegant
    What a pearler !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As soon as I scrolled down my google reader and your card came into view, I literally said "Wow" out loud. This is just gorgeous!!!! Will have to case this one for sure! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nina -- a happy and contemporary holiday card that I would love to receive. Of course, you snuck in some ribbon! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness, this is a stunning use of pearls!

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nina this is sooooo simple and elegant. Did you attach the pearls to the circle you punched out of card stock or are the pearls attached directl to the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! What more can be said??!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Simply breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! I would like to try it but have the same question as "bakerbabe". It sounds like you used pearls from strands (instead of self-stick half pearls). What do you use to adhere them? Just glue? Thanks for any details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exquisite! A beautiful piece of art. You should frame this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pals Paper Arts Pearls are a crafting essential. These exquisite pearls add an elegant touch to any project. 10 Best Online Their versatility and adhesive backing make them easy to use, With a range of colors and sizes.

    ReplyDelete