July 5, 2012

Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge


The sky's the limit with this fun new color challenge over at Pals Paper Arts! Won't you come and play along?

Here are the DEEtails for my card:

I started by stamping my images from SU!'s Up, Up, and Away onto some Whisper White card stock. I cut one image out and adhered it over the first balloon using some Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I layered my Whisper White card stock with some Daffodil Delight patterned DSP (It's hard to see it in the photo, but it has a subtle polka dot pattern). Then I added some clouds, punched with the cupcake punch. Then I added some strips of Cherry Cobbler patterned DSP and card stock at the bottom of the card along with some Early Espresso stitched grosgrain ribbon and a piece of Daffodil Delight with cut out pieces of the sentiment from Up, Up and Away. I embellished it with an Early Espresso Button tied up with some linen thread to finish things off. Hope you like it!

Remember, you can play with any of your favorite products and brands. To play along, just create something fabulous and link up at Pals Paper Arts! Can't wait to see your creation!

9 comments:

  1. What a great clean and simple card, Nina! Love your hot air balloons and the layered strips of paper highlighting your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! this is one of the best clean and simple designs i have seen for this stamp set. LOVE the clouds. you rocked this challenge, nina! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! Those balloons and clouds are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nina, I like your balloons. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, Nina! I like the way you clipped the sentiment apart for the banner and then all the layers make the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT a fun card! I love all the "ribbons" across the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so sweet and simple. I may have to CASE it for some birthday cards I need to get done! I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll follow me at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com.

    Happy Stampin'

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, Nina! I love those popped up clouds!

    ReplyDelete