August 5, 2012

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge


Hey there! Here's my card for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Aren't these little Oreo sunflowers adorable?!


Here are the DEEtails:

I started with stamping the jar from SU!'s Perfectly Preserved onto some Whisper White card stock. Then I added some leafy images using the bottom portion of the image from SU!'s Fabulous Florets in Gumball Green. It makes the perfect backdrop for my sunflowers. I made them with the layering three of  the smallest daisy shape on SU!'s Flower Daisies die. The card stock is Summer Sun. I made the centers of my flowers with Early Espresso card stock, embossed with Papertrey Ink's Diamonds Impression Plate, then punched with my 3/4" circle punch. I attached my sunflowers with some Stampin' Dimensionals. It is nearly impossible to see it in the photo, but I also die cut the jar on a Window Sheet to create the effect of a glossy surface on my jar. This was actually a little tricky, since the die cut is meant to be slightly larger than the stamped image. I actually lined it up with a stamped image on a piece of scrap paper and placed it on my die three times in order to cut it down to size. Perhaps that didn't make much sense...? Sorry... I used my Exacto knife to cut tiny slits on the edge of my stamped image and threaded some Linen Thread through the slits and tied on a Jewelry Tag, stamped with the sentiment from SU!'s Tiny Tags. Finally, I added a tiny bit of edging to my card base with some Gumball Green Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border and matted with some Marina Mist. Whew! That's it!

Don't forget to play along with this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

1 comment: