April 27, 2013

Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge 25


Hey there! Naki and I are back with another fun challenge. We hope you'll play along with us!

Naki's pick this week is to make a Mother's Day card
My pick was to use the This & That washi tape





Her's my card for the challenge:



Here are the DEEtails:

I love the gray diagonal stripes on the washi tape from SU!'s This & That series, and I decided to create a fun little background. I trimmed it down to size and rounded the corners. Then I layered it onto a doily from my stash. I pulled out this fun MOM stamp from the retired Messages for Mom set. I stamped it on some old Cameo Coral card stock. I decided to go with Cameo Coral because it's a little more pink that Calypso Coral. With my mom being a pink lover, it made sense to pick a more pinkish hue. The problem with picking this very old color is that I don't have much to go with it, so I dug around my stash and finally came up with this adorable doily print washi tape that I added to some Basic Gray card stock embossed with the honeycomb folder. A few hearts scattered on top and I was done.

Be sure to take a peek over at Naki's blog to see what she made for her mom! Then create your own Mother's Day card using some lovely This & That washi tape. Be sure to leave us a comment with a link to your card!

No comments:

Post a Comment