April 22, 2013

Wedding Wishes

Last week, we had a bridal shower for my friend Meredith, who is getting married in August. The lucky girl is going to Disneyland Paris for her honeymoon, so I picked something up for her when I was in Disneyland over Spring Break - a pair of bridal veil mouse ears!


I had a plan to trick the girl into thinking I bought her some lingerie, so I made this pretty card and wrote a note inside: "Here's a little something for you to wear on your Honeymoon..." She totally fell for it! She opened my card, thanked me, then quietly tucked the gift under her chair, embarrassed to open it! Haha! We finally coaxed her into opening it and she was pleasantly surprised to find the adorable mouse ears among all the tulle and tissue inside the shirt box. :)

Here are the DEEtails for my card:
I found the tutorial for this beautiful doily dress here which I followed for the skirt of the dress. The edge of the doily I used was perfect for the bodice, so I folded it over the center portion of the doily, which I gently trimmed along the doily edge. I adhered the pieces together and tied on some lovely Two-Tone ribbon. A Basic Gray base was perfect for this card with a simple sentiment from Love and Laughter. 

P.S. The beauty of this dress has a lot to do with the doily that you choose to use. I happen to have a small collection of paper doilies and tried these folds out on several different doilies before choosing this particular one. This specific doily is one that my mom got for me from a restaurant supply store and measures about 6 inches in diameter.

20 comments:

  1. Nina, this is SO pretty! I'm going to try to make it, but not sure if it will come out as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card, Nina! Your shower story is funny and cute.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card!! I really like the dress cards I've seen lately but can't justify the cost of the special dies...this card makes a wonderful alternative. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing cuter than those wedding ears- I see them in Orlando at Disney and think how sweet that they are beginning their journey! Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY card! The shower story is pretty funny...you naughty girl! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this. I've just made something similar for a girl's 21st. I done mine in pink - quite pleased with how it came out considering it's the first one I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the card, I'll have to try this one
    Thank you for sharing
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card-i am going to try to make it.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely, just wish I could see how it was folded and I can't find the tutorial. Oh well, I'll just keep trying to fold it until I like the way it looks. No showers to use it for yet anyway. There's always time to play with paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea! The card is so pretty. Both your card and gift were great ideas for a Bridal shower. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. Please tell me what tutorial you watched or how to make it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this :) here's a link to other origami style clothes http://en.origami-club.com/clothes/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning I want to givehis a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm pinning it, would be great for a party!
    I would love if you could share it at the link party I host every Tuesday: http://sweethings.net/two-uses-tuesday-57/
    Hugs,
    Pili

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is simply astonishing. Really loved this dress. Will have this similar handmade invitation card for my wedding at venues in San Francisco. This idea is awesome and will be loved by all. Have to make my day memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Nina. Every time I see this card the dress appeals to me greatly. Yours is the first time I got some few details, and now I have the courage to try it.
    Hi, I am Cepta, from Ireland. You??? Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete