August 12, 2013

Crafts from the Past: Cork Strip

Several years ago, I saw the idea of gluing wine corks on a yardstick to make a clever vertical memo board to hang in a skinny space. We're not wine drinkers around here, so it's weird that I love all sorts of wine cork crafts, but I do. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted it for the piece of wall next to our refrigerator. This project is a little difficult to do when you aren't a wine drinker. I know you can buy corks, but that seemed a little silly to me, so I asked a few friends and sweet Meredith from school came through with a bag of corks that she'd saved up. Hooray! 

I didn't have quite enough to fill up a yardstick, but no matter. I just wanted a small strip. I cut off the edge of one of those 12 x 12 mountable cork pieces and hot glued the corks right on! It was such a quick and easy project. It's so cute that I don't even want to put any messages on it and cover up those corks!



It's kind of a strange space to photograph... My apologies... So what kind of fun crafts have you made using corks? Are you a wine drinker? Or did you have to rally corks from friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment