August 11, 2013

Cupcake Inspirations Theme Challenge


Hello dear friends! I hope you've had a lovely weekend! Today I have a fun patterned birthday card to share with you for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Today's challenge is a birthday theme. How fun!


DEEtails:

I started by printing out my image from Wags and Whiskers on some fun chevron DSP from I Am Me. I paired it with some Birthday Basics DSP and some Basic Gray card stock. I colored in some fun accents in the image - the party hats, present and wee mouse, Squeak. I'm still torn on whether or not I should color in Ellie, the elephant. I think she might look okay, but my coloring skills aren't so fabulous and you know that once I start, there's no turning back... For now, I'm liking her chevron pattern. Then I embellished the card with some Pool Party Baker's Twine, some designer buttons, and the Chalk Talk stamp that I embossed in White on some Basic Gray card stock and die cut with the coordinating die. Hope you like it and are having a fabulous day!

Be sure to stop over at the Cupcake Inspirations Blog for some more fun birthday cards that our sweeties have designed. Then, won't you create a sweet birthday card and link up with us? We'd love to see what you create!

1 comment:

  1. Nina, Love the chevrons and how you printed the elephant on it! This is so cute! Love the buttons that pull out the dots on the pattern paper!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete