September 9, 2014

CASEing an Old Favorite


I know it's been a long time since I've created anything or stamped a card. I've kind of been itching to go in my craft space, which I'm sure is a good sign that I'm getting better. But the place is kind of a disaster! While I was sick and unable to do much crafting, we just piled things into my craft space. The space itself is already pretty tiny, so piled with a bunch of extras makes the place almost completely impossible to navigate through.

I recently sent out this card to my aunt and loved the simplicity of the card and the use of all the fun patterned papers. I thought it might be fun to CASE my previous creation. I've been collecting quite a bit of patterned papers, so it was a nice way to flip through and use some of them. This card was actually a good choice to start with, since I've found that not being in my craft space for so long has caused me to forget where a lot of my tools and embellishments are stored. Haha!

DEEtails:
I started by selecting some various patterned papers. I turned to the retired Patio Party DSP and added some patterned Summer Starfruit and Baja Breeze. Then I used my Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die, also retired, but you can use any butterfly punch or layer any shaped die for that matter. I stamped the sentiment from Four You onto some Whisper White card stock and used the 1" square punch to create a simple banner. Lots of layering and I was able to create this quick and easy birthday card!

Paper: Baja Breeze card stock, Baja Breeze patterned DSP, Midnight Muse card stock, Patio Party DSP, Summer Starfruit patterned DSP, Whisper White card stock
Stamps: Four You
Ink: Midnight Muse
Tools: 1" Square Punch, Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die

No comments:

Post a Comment