September 3, 2014

What I Wore

So you know that I don't post photos of myself on the interwebs as a general rule... But then I found Hi Sugarplum! and loved the way she photographed her outfits and decided to finally join the mainstream and post What I Wore. I struggled with this for a bit because I don't want to seem vain in posting photos of me and my clothes or anything like that. Mostly, I'm hoping that this will motivate me to actually think about what I put on in the morning. It's easy to get into a rut and wear the same outfits day in and day out. Quite honestly, I like to wear a simple black dress and black flats on most days. If my mom or brothers read this, they would probably roll their eyes and think "BORING!" Knowing that I wanted to share my outfits online has actually encouraged me to try to wear a little more color this past week.

A couple things to note: I'm not about taking selfies out in broad daylight, especially living in an apartment complex where everyone will see me, so you'll have to forgive some of the poorly lit photos. It does appear that I get a little better with morning photography as the week goes on... Also, most of my clothing and accessories are not very new. You'll see that I have trouble sourcing a lot of it and/or most items are no longer available. My apologies for that... Anyway, here we go!

DAY ONE
First day of school! First day of school!

dress: to adorn (sold here by this vendor) / belt: I can't remember! / necklace: pearls from my grandma / bracelet & ring: premier designs

DAY TWO
dress: tj maxx by sweet storm (similar dress sold here) / necklace: kate spade / bracelets: coach & groopdealz (sold here by this vendor)

DAY THREE
dress: ross by enfocus studio / cardigan: target / necklace: coach / bracelet: kate spade

DAY FOUR
dress: macys by bcx / camisole: gap / necklace: premier designs / bracelet: coach

 DAY FIVE
 dress: tj maxx by sweet storm / necklace: groopdealz

So clearly, as the week went on, I started to get into my neutral colors :) but at least I'm not wearing all black! I've been doing some online shopping recently, mostly at deal of the day sites like groopdealz and jane, so I'm hoping to have some more colorful accessories once I do start back into the habit of wearing a lot of black dresses. Because honestly, I know it's going to happen eventually. 

Hope you enjoyed this random post today. Crafty posts are coming soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look *GREAT*, Nina! I definitely like your style!!!

    ReplyDelete