December 22, 2014

A Jar of Jolly

Hi there! Hope you're all ready for Christmas to come. I can't believe it's just a few days away! Just popping in for a few minutes today to share a card with you that I created a couple of weeks ago...


Have you caught on to the snowglobe jar craze? I haven't made one yet, but I'm dying to! I just haven't found quite the right little decorations to stick inside. So, I decided to make a card instead... :)

DEEtails:

I started with stamping the jar image from Perfectly Preserved onto some Whisper White cardstock and cut it out. I stamped the image a second time then tore the bottom portion of the jar. I dipped it into some Whisper White and Illuminate ink to give it a snowy look. I apologize, but it is near impossible to photograph! I cut my "snow" along the inside of the jar line and glued it down. Then I added my little embellishments - a snowman and tree from the Holiday Home stamp set. Then I sprinkled some snowflakes (also from Holiday Home) in Whisper White and Illuminate inks. I tied some Silver Metallic Baker's Twine around the mouth of my jar to finish the look. My card base is a simple Real Red card with a big of Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around it. I trimmed the end with my pinking shears - I love this look. Then I added a strip of Crumb Cake cardstock, stamped with the sentiment from Endless Wishes, stamped in Whisper White ink. Then added some Frosted sequins for a little extra sparkle. Hope you like it!


Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock, Real Red Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock
Stamps: Endless Wishes, Holiday Home, Perfectly Preserved
Ink: Basic Black, Illuminate, Whisper White, Stampin' Write Markers - Basic Black, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Real Red
Embellishments: Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Frosted Sequins, Silver Metallic Baker's Twine
Tools: pinking shears

1 comment: