January 11, 2015

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 293


Hi friends! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! I'm popping in this morning to share my card for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.


I've always wanted to make a snowglobe card and just never had the right stamps or tools to make things look just right. I think I've finally got a combination that works!

DEEtails:

I started by cutting out a 4" circle. I used the Martha Stewart Large Circle Cutter. (Confession: I actually bought this took for the sole purpose of attempting to create a snowglobe card. I've had it for a LONG time, but I'm finally using it for the first time!) I was pretty pleased with how the Circle Cutter worked. I've had several circle cutting tools in the past I've always been a bit unsuccessful. The circle used on this card is my first and only attempt, which is pretty impressive, since I'm very accident prone! Hahaha! Next I stamped my image from The More the Merrier and colored it in. I wanted a bit of shimmer, and although you can't see it in the photo, I used some Illuminate ink and my blender pen to fill in the snowmen and the area below. I also stamped a few snowflakes from the Endless Wishes stamp set in Illuminate ink, which I think is becoming a new favorite ink of mine! For the snowglobe base, I used the largest oval from the Ovals Collection Framelits. I used the same oval to cut it perpendicularly and make the rounded base. Then I stamped the Woodgrain image, which just tickled me. Oh the simple pleasures... Haha. I had a the smallest piece of Dotty Biscotti paper on my desk, which was just perfect for the tag. I stamped the sentiment from Cold & Cuddly and punched it out with the Designer Label Punch. The metal tag from Hodgepodge Hardware is from forever ago, but perfect for a project like this! I tied on some Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon, which is just divine! This is actually my very first time working with Lost Lagoon. Ever! And I am totally smitten. Lost Lagoon, where have you been all my life?! LOL! Of course I had to use it as the card base when I realized how much I loved it! The coloring looks a little off in the photo, but the Dotti Biscotti matches the color very well. Love it! Hope you enjoy this card of many firsts! :)


Paper: Lost Lagoon Cardstock, Papertrey Ink Dotti Biscotti, Soft Suede Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock
Stamps: Cold & Cuddly, Endless Wishes, The More the Merrier, Woodgrain
Ink: Early Espresso, Illuminate, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Hodgepodge Hardware, Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: Blender Pen, Designer Label Punch, Ovals Collection Framelits, Stampin' Write Markers - Basic Black, Gumball Green, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Regal Rose, Strawberry Slush, Tangelo Twist

No comments:

Post a Comment