February 27, 2015

Congrats

Happy Friday! We're delaying this week's Double Dare challenge while Naki prepares for her son's birthday bash. Exciting stuff! Be sure to check out her blog, where I'm sure she'll post photos soon. (Here's a little peer pressure. Haha!) We should be back next week.

I still have a little card to share today... This one is for someone very special!


When I first started working in this county, I had an amazing supervisor, mentor, and friend. She and her husband took such good care of me, treating me like their daughter, and I've grown to love them dearly. A few years ago, she stepped down from counseling supervisor to have a change of pace. Recently (as is just a few weeks ago), she surprised us all with the announcement of her retirement. Today is her last day of work! Her friends at her current school decided to throw her a little surprise retirement party and were so kind to invite me to attend. I made this card to congratulate her and send well wishes for her next chapter of life. I sure am going to miss her!

DEEtails:

The background for this card was something I painted with some water and Stampin' Write Markers for the recent Kate Spade inspiration at ColourQ. The colors just weren't vibrant enough for that card, so I set aside the watercolor for a better card. Quite honestly, I had a love hate relationship with this piece. I loved it while I was painting it, then ended up hating it when it dried. I painted over it and fell in love again. When it dried the second time, I still loved it, but it just wasn't right. When I came up with today's card idea, I was in love all over again. The card is simple. Just a watercolored background, some silver stamped sequins from Winnie & Walter, and a die cut sentiment from Your Next Stamp. I double mounted the background with some Blackberry Bliss (which is divine, by the way), and I was done. It's the perfect blend for my dear friend and mentor, who is simply wonderful.


Paper: Blackberry Bliss Cardstock, Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock, watercolor paper
Stamps: Big Bang Bling (Winnie & Walter)
Ink: Silver Metallic Encore
Tools: Scripty Words Die Set (Your Next Stamp)

1 comment:

  1. Your watercolor is gorgeous! I just love it! I will have to try it myself too...

    ReplyDelete