April 15, 2015

What I Ate in California

The last time I did a food post, friends were worried that my blog had changed to a foodie blog. No worries. We're just taking a food detour today. I'll be back with more cards tomorrow. I didn't take as many photos of what we ate as I usually do on a trip, but I have a few yummies from my trip to California to share with you... Yummmm...

One of our favorite restaurants in San Diego is Top of the Market. We go there every single time we visit the area. The view is gorgeous and the food is absolutely delicious. My step mom ordered scallops - perfection! I opted for some starters - raw oysters and the Smoked Fish Sampler.



Another must visit is Poseidon by the Beach in Del Mar. I love the fact that you are right at the beach and you can visit while you wait. We enjoy sitting outside and feeling the salty breeze as we eat. I love their Calamari sandwich. Obviously, since I forgot to take a photo!

We visited Little Italy and ate at Trattoria Fantastica one afternoon. Another delicious spot! Their pizza bread was to die for. I ate so much I have no idea how I was able to walk back! Hahaha

During our little walk through Little Italy, we made a quick stop at Extraordinary Desserts and boy was I impressed! Everything there is just absolutely gorgeous! I love the little flakes of gold that makes everything look extra special! I'm not very good at photographing these, so you should definitely check out their website. We got a few desserts including the flourless chocolate cake (in the third photo) and they were divine!




Another restaurant we love is Chart House - it's a chain restaurant, so you may have heard of it in other areas... The view is so lovely and I love the openness. I had the seafood cobb salad. It was like a work of art! 


Hands down, our most favorite restaurant in the area or maybe anywhere is Shirahama. My dad is good friends with the owner, so I might be a little biased, but it is the best sushi EVER. Everything there is super fresh and so delicious. He even brought out our Botan Ebi live and wiggling before he prepared it for us to eat. We love this place so much we usually go at least twice!



Hope you've enjoyed all the delicious eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment